Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not What I Expected




Somehow, this is not what I envisioned when I set out to grow ground cherries. I know, they're related to tomatillos and that, but still. I was all set to give up on getting anything off those plants, because all the blooms kept dropping off with no result in sight until the other morning I turned the pot around and here was this thing. Huh. Maybe after a couple years of growing stuff my dweeb-a-riffic amazement at the things my plants do will fade, but I sorta hope not. I mean, this is really neat, to get surprises. Here's another view:

Also, purple basil has purple flowers. I still can't think of any reason to eat it, but I don't care any more. It's a really strange looking plant, and that pleases me.

And finally, more pictures of my nasturtiums blooming. These things get sunburned in the heat, so I took this picture early in the morning. By the time I get home the color has all gone out of them, it's the weirdest thing.






I have a ton of green tomatoes and lentils, there's gotta be something that calls for those two things somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment