Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dweebity

I updated my OpenOffice suite because I wanted their excel clone. Why did I care? Because it's spring, and once again I am in love with my plants. I created a spreadsheet with all my gardening data on it. I'd show you, but I can't figure out how to get a screen capture of the stupid thing. Last year, I just scrawled things on my calendar and by December I was so done with it that I recycled the whole thing. Duh. I regret it now, of course, but such is life...

But I do have a couple pictures of my plants. That thing up there is salad burnett. I started 3 kinds of basil: regular, purple and lemon. I saved the seed from last year, which I hear is an iffy proposition with basil because it tends to cross pollinate. I guess I'll find out. I have carrots and chard coming up, too, but they don't look very interesting.

Also on my want list: a bigger squirty bottle. I need something to rinse the aphids off my poor strawberry plant already, like Holy Arthropoda, Batman! It isn't even may yet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment