Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stinky



Last year I read about this stuff: indian black salt. It took me forever to find a place that had it, and that I could get to without a great hassle. The label says it smells like boiled eggs. It actually smells much worse. I'm very excited about it. I read some recipes that call for using a smidge of this on tofu scrambles to give them an eggy flavor. I'll tell you how it goes when I get some made up.

A couple weeks ago, I passed this store downtown and thought "Hm." The place is a little intimidating from the outside, it's all schmantzy lookin, and it has dim lighting, and all the spice jars are on these imposing looking dark wood cases with display lighting. But the saleswoman was very approachable and friendly, and didn't purse up her lip at me when I said that all I wanted was to try this stinky salt because hey, it sounded really weird. In fact she was really encouraging, and told me to feel free to open up the jars and smell things. (Free Smells!)

I also took some pictures of my ninja shoes. I loaded them onto my Flickr account, but I didn't put any tags on them, because when I put up the photos of my tabi socks, I immediately got a bunch of messages from foot-and-asian fetishists which sorta crept me out.

Go 'way, ya creepy creepist creeper! Sheeesh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment