Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ok, real quick...



I think that the nature of these posts is going to become more erratic, and if possible, more cursory. So will my eating habits. For a while. In the meantime, I need to eat fast, and worry about other schtuff. The up side is that my job #3 is a potentially cool one- I work for an outfit that makes parade floats, giant puppets and stage pieces. Nothing creative yet, but we'll see how it goes- this was only my second day.

But when, and what, does that leave time to eat? Packaged food. Don't panic, I know the frozen food aisle from my elbow- here's dinner, makes one serving as you see it:

Pasta nuggets with braised chard.

Boil the nuggets. Your choice of type. These are tj's proscuitto perlini. In a skillet, at medium heat, combine about 4 cups of chopped chard with a tablespoon of olive oil and a half teaspoon of broth concentrate, then cover the pan. Stir once about every 5 minutes. The chard will loose 80% of its volume in cooking. When the chard looks almost cooked, put the boiled pasta in the pan and stir it up. It's done when the greens are all tender and wilty. Serve with a slice of lemon and a couple basil leaves, they'll make it taste very light and summery.

Word of caution: go easy on the broth concentrate. I got mine a wee bit too salty.

Oh, I grew the chard- it was getting eaten by catterpiggles, and I figured that I had just as soon eat it myself. Plus, here's Mr. Hummingbird again. I assume he's a Mr, he's pretty aggressive, and sort of menaced the camera while I was taking this picture. He didn't hold still much, this is the best shot I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment