Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ok, maybe I'm starting to get it



This is probably the acme of third-grade comfort foods. Maybe without the mushrooms, I can't remember if my niece likes mushrooms. The only reason I mention it is that it is an admirable use for the tomato sauce I was so unenthusiastic about. I put it on some papardelle a couple days ago, with some sausage, and thought, well, that was ok... And then I decided that I wanted some mozzarella sticks with marinara. I know. Shaddup. But the mozzarella did its magic and then I looked at my leftover crumpets. Hmmm.

Pizzoids

leftover crumpets
some of the tomato sauce from my other post
slices of mozzarella
mushrooms, if you want. I wish I had some pepperoni.
a pinch of oregano- yes it really is oregano...god!

Heat the oven to 475.

Split the crumpets, unless you're hungrier than that, in which case use whole ones. Spread a generous gloop of sauce on each one, sprinkle with some oregano or other herbs of choice, top with cheese and whatnot. Takes about 10 minutes to cook, if your oven light is busted and you keep popping the oven open to check on things.

Dude! Remember frozen pizza bagels?!? Those things were totally awesome and these taste just like that! But without being full of shit that'll kill ya faster than plain cholesterol will! That tomato sauce is so going to become a staple in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment