Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'll be darned!

Back in May or June, I got antsy and went through the spice rack and took everything I had that was a seed and put it in some dirt. I got 2 crops of coriander, a handful of lentils, and this:


It's a fenugreek plant! That long spiky thing is the seed pod! I read somewhere that fenugreek was a legume, so I thought what the heck, I'll plant some. It doesn't look like any bean that I know of, but oh well. This was another thing that snuck up on me and produced a seed when I wasn't looking. It isn't anything like I would have pictured.

On the other hand, the szechuan peppers I planted were duds. They may have been irradiated or something, but just as likely they were too old. Next year I'm going to grow borage and poppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment