Saturday, June 6, 2009

"God I hope this works!" Shortcakes

So it is totally impossible for me to follow a recipe. I got a perfectly good recipe for biscuits online, because I didn't like the looks of any of the shortcake recipes, and besides, some of them called for stuff I don't have on hand.



These are my notes:

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

1 tablespoon sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1 cup milk

In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt; mix well. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.


My plan:


2 cups flour= 260g
1 cup ww flour= 125g
5 tsp b.p.
4 T sugar
¾ tsp salt
½ c butter
1 c cream
½ c yogurt


god I hope this works.


bowl + butter = 390 g

several errors in plan: used 2 T bp rather than 5 tsp. Used bread flour not ap. Sigh.


Dude, I didn't even get the oven temp right- I set it at 400. Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment