Monday, June 22, 2009

Yay Plants!


It's hard to describe the reasons for my giddy enjoyment of my plants.
Here's my strawberry. You can't see them, but there are real strawberries on it! Growing! Holy kamoley.

I actually have a whole ecosystem on my balcony right now, it thrills my nerdy nerd-bomber self.



Here's my potato plant- it looks super exotic. Purple flowers, whooda thunk? Not me, that's fer sure. I'm already planning ahead for next year. I want beans, and maybe I'll grow an okra. I hear they have really bizzaro-looking blooms too.


This little thing is the bloom of my ground cherry.
I have no idea what they taste like, I hope I like them, because they are supposed to be quite prolific.



It's pretty fantastic to be able to look at these things every day, and well, they do something new every time I see them. And all I have to do is put some water on them sometimes. Wow.





No comments:

Post a Comment